Monday 25 May 2015

Welcome, Parents!

Dear Parents/Guardians,

As your child’s teacher for the upcoming school year, I would like to introduce myself and welcome you and your child into our class.  My name is Miss Erin Brown and I will be your child’s Grade 5 teacher this year.  Teaching is my passion, and I am so excited to have the opportunity to work with you and your child.

I thought you might like to know a little bit about me.  This is my first opportunity to be a classroom teacher.  I graduated from Brock University Teacher’s College in the spring of 2015 where I studied to teach grades 7-12.  I am now an elementary school teacher here in the Halton District School Board because I am passionate about teaching students of all ages.  I am originally from Sarnia, ON, lived in the Niagara region for four years as a Brock University student, and am now living in Hamilton, ON.  Teaching in the Toronto area is a new adventure for me!

As an educator in the 21st Century, I recognize that today’s students need to learn skills such as teamwork, critical thinking, problem solving, flexibility, creativity, communication, and so much more.  In our class, we will be working on these skills in a variety of new, exciting ways.

If you would like to speak with me about your child’s progress or discuss any questions you may have, please contact me via email at eb10og@brocku.ca.  You can also check our class website for updates at http://missbrownclassroom.blogspot.ca/.

Sincerely,


Miss Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment